About the Cherish Center
Serving Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, and all of Hamilton County
Abuse, neglect and sexual abuse are unthinkable crimes that are extremely personal in nature and often go unreported. The victim experiences shame, fear, guilt and embarrassment—feelings that often prevent a report from being made or charges being filed.
Through a network of related departments working as a team to promote a safe refuge, more victims are making their statement, being interviewed by the necessary authorities and receiving counseling after their attack. The abusers are being caught, tried and convicted, providing justice to the victim and his/her family.
How to report abuse near us
This CAC only accepts cases based on informed reports from law enforcement or the Department of Child Services. If you suspect abuse, call 911 in an emergency or call the Indiana Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-800-5556.
What you will find at the Cherish Center
- We’re an independent 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
- Forensic Interviews are conducted on-site
- Victim Advocacy is offered on-site
- Therapy Dogs may be available
- Physical health and mental health referrals are available at no or low-cost
- We work closely with Indiana DCS Caseworkers, the Prosecutor’s Office, and local law enforcement agencies including the State Police, Sheriff’s Department, and local city and town police departments.