About Comfort House CAC
Serving Corydon, Palmyra, New Salisbury, and surrounding areas near Harrison County
Visit us at
1304 Old Highway 135
Corydon, IN 47112
Our Executive Director is Donna Lloyd
Contact us at
Call (812) 225-5437
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us online at
In October 2006 Comfort House refocused primary efforts on Child Advocacy and the use of the multi-disciplinary team approach to investigating allegations of child abuse. In September 2007 funding was obtained from Harrison County Commissioners to facilitate the opening of a Child Advocacy Center in Harrison County.
This facility opened January of 2008. In September of 2008, Comfort House staff began facilitating the Good Touch Bad Touch body safety program in Harrison County elementary schools. This program evolved into the Speak Up Be Safe prevention program in the fall of 2011 and is still being conducted by Comfort House staff.
How to report abuse near us
This CAC only accepts cases based on informed reports from law enforcement or the Department of Child Services. If you suspect abuse, call 911 in an emergency or call the Indiana Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-800-5556.
What you will find at Safe Harbor CAC
- We’re an independent 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
- Forensic Interviews are conducted on-site
- Victim Advocacy is offered on-site
- Therapy Dogs may be available
- Physical health and mental health referrals are available at no or low-cost
- We work closely with Indiana DCS Caseworkers, the Prosecutor’s Office, and local law enforcement agencies including the State Police, Sheriff’s Department, and local city and town police departments.