The Southwestern Indiana Child Advocacy Center Coalition (SWICACC) is seeking to fill positions the position of Forensic Interviewer/Administrative Assistant. This is a full time position (35 hours a week).
The non-profit organization has grown exponentially serving seven counties (Crawford, Daviess, Dubois, Martin, Orange, Perry, and Spencer) in Indiana Region 17. SWICACC assisted in 394 forensic interviews in 2018. This number continues to increase as 380 interviews have already been done this year.
Resumes should be submitted no later than November 8th to email@example.com or
P.O. Box 252
Jasper, IN 47547-0252
Position Title: Forensic Interviewer/ Administrative Assistant
Full time position available Hourly position, salary based on experience
Position Description: Conducts highly specialized interviews of children alleged to be victim of abuse, neglect, and/or witness to violent crimes. Support the mission of organization and interview children in a supportive manner in a comfortable environment and conduct a neutral fact finding interview. Provide clerical assistance and assist in the overall daily administration of the organization; to include inventory of sites, typing and filing of reports and correspondence, maintenance and input of database systems.
Job Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating, videotaping, and documenting interviews of children
- Handles difficult and complex cases which may require court testimony
- Conducts sensitive and thorough interviews who are alleged to be victims of abuse, neglect, or have witnessed a violent crime
- Consults with multidisciplinary team and participates in case review
- Respond to subpoenas and testify when requested
- Acts as an advocate to create/support high standards for child abuse investigations in Indiana Region 17
- Must have a valid driver’s license, be willing and able to drive throughout 7 county region for interviews, meetings, hearings, and other business for the organization. Service area includes Crawford, Daviess, Dubois, Martin, Orange, Perry, and Spencer Counties.
- Prepare, submit, track statistical information
- Retrieve and enter date regarding surveys
- Serves as secretary/receptionist for organization’s Director
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as requested by the organization’s Director
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability to pass a criminal background check, no criminal history
- Certified in ChildFirst Protocol or become certified within 6 months
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to meet on-call requirements
- Ability to work independently yet function as a team member and accept guidance/direction from Director
- Ability to work with a variety of people
- Ability to work in stressful situations and deal with people who may be very upset. Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position.
- Good communication skills, oral and written
- Maintain harmonious and working relationships with the multidisciplinary teams and the public
- Ability to relate to children and adults regardless of age, race, or cultural/socioeconomic status
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel and ability to implement/maintain categorical filing system
- Additional skills helpful include knowledge of fundraising and not for profit agencies