As you and your family bring out the Halloween decorations and prepare for parties and trick-or-treaters, take time to read the following tips to ensure Halloween is safe and happy for your family and guests.
AROUND YOUR HOUSE
- Make sure sidewalks, driveways and stairs are well-lit for visibility and clear of anything that may create a trip-and-fall hazard, especially if you anticipate having guests after dark for Halloween festivities.
- Even the friendliest of pets can become agitated or over-excited with an influx of Halloween visitors. Avoid any potential hazard by keeping your family pets away from your Halloween guests and visitors.
- As you and your family prepare the traditional jack-o-lanterns, use extreme caution if you decide to place a burning candle inside or around your home for added Halloween ambiance. Candles can be a fire hazard if not appropriately monitored. Consider using battery-operated candles inside your jack-o-lanterns as an alternative.
- If you hand out treats to your neighborhood trick-or-treaters, use only commercially-packaged treats.
- Parents will want to supervise younger children as they go door to door, but remember to secure your home before leaving to avoid any potential thefts.
To read the complete post from Cincinnati Financial, click here.
Wishing you a safe and a Happy Halloween!